School issued 1:1 devices are a vital part of K12 education in the US. They are also incredibly expensive, and extremely easy to damage if mishandled.
Here are five reasons why insuring your 1:1 device fleet is a good idea:
- Protection against accidental damage: School-issued devices, such as laptops and tablets, are often used by students on a daily basis. Accidents happen, and it's not uncommon for devices to be dropped, spilled on, or otherwise damaged. Insurance can protect the school district from the cost of repairing or replacing these devices.
- Coverage for theft: School-issued devices can also be a target for theft, especially if they're left in unsecured areas or taken home by students. Insurance can help cover the cost of replacing stolen devices, which can be a significant expense for a school district.
- Peace of mind for parents: Many parents are concerned about the cost of repairing or replacing a school-issued device if it's damaged or stolen. Insuring the devices can provide parents with peace of mind, knowing that their child's device is protected.
- Protection for the school budget: Without insurance, the cost of repairing or replacing damaged or stolen devices can be a significant expense for a school district. Insurance can help spread out this cost over time, making it more manageable for the school's budget.
- Encouraging responsible device use: Insuring devices can also encourage students to take better care of them, as they know that any accidental damage will be covered by insurance. This can in turn encourage responsible device usage.
In conclusion, insuring 1:1 learning devices can protect school districts against accidental damage and theft, provide peace of mind for parents, and help manage costs. It can also encourage students to take better care of their devices, which can help extend the life of the devices and maximize the investment.